I'd love to have you make a bid--just be sure to read over the rules. It's pretty straight forward. But if you don't read the rules, and I delete your bid, then you'll be mad and say, "...but I didn't know" which will cause me to say, "...didn't you read the rules?"
Do me a favor. Read the rules below. Then give me your hard earned money. Amen.
Just like a face-to-face silent auction, you will be able to see who has made a bid and how much. I encourage friendly competition!
Should you have questions or concerns, please contact Mara at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: To prevent your bid from being rejected, please be sure to put in the information as requested. Failure to do so will result in your bid not be accepted (otherwise known as deleted) and I'll need to move back to the person who bid before you.
Kind of a bummer, really.
Because I'd like the money...and you want the stuff.
On Another Note.....like many auctions, flea markets, yard sales, etc. people want to get a "good deal". Please remember that we are raising money for breast cancer research & education. The price you pay for your item will be tax deductible. Each item has a starting bid. Some are higher than others, but in the end, remember, it all is going to a great cause!
Here is how you can place a bid:
1. Find the item(s) you cannot live without (hard choice, isn't it?).
2. Click on that item’s comments link--found at the end of the description (please note: the small pencil you see in the photo below will not show up on your view of this site. That is only visible to the blog editor.)
3. Once you click comments you will see a new pop-up area on the screen.
4. The LAST comment in the listing (if there are any) should be the highest bid. IT IS IN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO LOOK THROUGH THE ENTIRE COMMENT SECTION TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE PLACING THE HIGHEST BID.
5. In the comment box, enter the following information:
- Your first & last name
- Valid e-mail address (this will be seen by others!)
- Amount of your bid (in US dollars)
6. Scroll down and click the bubble next to OpenID and type in anonymous unless you have an established blog profile. If you aren't sure if you have a blog profile, please default to anonymous. This is necessary or else your bid will not be submitted.
Please note: Even if you have a blog profile, please include your e-mail. I've found that leaving comments saying "you've won" result in a lot of chasing to get the winner to commit to the item.
E-mail is just easier. Thanks!
7. Click publish your comment.
NOTE: You may get an error the first time you try to bid but please select the anonymous option again and then publish your comment.
8. Look again at the comments section to make sure that your bid has posted AND to make sure that your bid is still the highest!
Check back often as you may be outbid. Unlike e-Bay, we will not be contacting folks when they have been outbid. It is your responsibility to check back to see if you’re still the highest bidder on the item.
AFTER THE AUCTION
The auction will close on Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 6:00 p.m. EST. I will be notifying winners via e-mail (this is why we need your e-mail address!). You will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail with the requested information. If I do not hear from you in 48 hours, I will move onto the 2nd highest bidder. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Per the Breast Cancer 3-Day office, payment for your item will need to be made via credit card, check or cash. Payment covers your bid amount. I will take care of getting the item to you which is why I need to make this a local silent auction as shipping gift baskets is very expensive.
PAYING BY CREDIT CARD: If you decide to pay by credit card you must pay online through the secure 3-Day site. This will be discussed once you are contacted regarding your winning bid.
PAYING BY CHECK: Check payments are acceptable and details on how this will be handled will be discussed once you are contacted regarding your winning bid.
PAYING BY CASH: Cash payments are accepted and will be posted to the 3Day site with your name and acknowledgement of your winning bid,
Happy Bidding & Good Luck!